Friday, July 8, 2011

Two years ago at this time, I had just been induced and was anxiously awaiting the arrival of my baby! Four short hours later, my beautiful baby girl was born. After having two boys, I secretly hoped that maybe I would have a girl this time. Don't get me wrong, I dearly love my boys. I was just  getting a little tired of all the trucks and cars and soccer balls in my house. I needed a little more pink and frilly things and dolls.

My labour happened fairly fast, and the doctor and nurse kept encouraging me, saying, "good girl, just one more push, good girl!" and all of a sudden it changed into "It's a girl!! You have a girl!" It took me a second to realize they were no longer talking to me... and all of a sudden they placed my daughter in my arms. I fell in love instantly.

Some things I remember about that night:

- My mom and sister coming to the hospital at 12:30 in the morning, coming right to my labour and delivery room to hold my girl.

- My nurse making me peanut butter toast and tea for a midnight snack since I was shaking with hunger. 

- Being wheeled up to my room because the numbness from the epidural took forever to wear off.

- The sheer happiness and joy of holding my baby girl close to my heart.

She has been the most amazing little girl I ever could have asked for. She is gentle and sweet and from day one has been a little lady. Although I would have loved her just as much had she been a tomboy, I have to admit her girlyness thrills me. I love seeing her be a little mommy to her dolls, carry her purse over shoulder, get excited over painted toe nails. She loves dresses and shoes and cuddles. She loves going to the park, playing with her friends and eating treats. Having two older brothers has taught her to hold her own; she has a stubborn streak and doesn't mind showing it. She will definitely let you know when something is bothering her!
My girl, eating her cherished "isheam".
Happy birthday, Amelia! You are beautiful inside and out and I love you more than I could ever say. Love, Mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment and let me know what you're thinking!