Friday, July 15, 2011

A bit of inspiration.

I started reading this girl's blog a long time ago. I can't remember when or how I first came across it, but it's one I always check for updates. This girl amazes and inspires me. A lot of my days (shamefully) are spent complaining about or harping on my kids, while Courtney's days are spent rocking her sick little boy, hour after hour and not a word of complaint do you ever hear from her. All she talks about is what a blessing her boy is, she never asks "why me", she just showers love on this little boy all day long. I can't imagine the depths of the pain she must feel, as she essentially is watching her son die a little more each day. All this little boy has ever known is pain and it really hits home to me how thankful I should be for my kids and their health. I encourage you to go read the post she put up today... It's a poem she wrote to God about her boy. I hope it reminds you, like it did me, to not take anyone we love for granted, especially our kids. Be sure to have a tissue handy.   Courtney's Poem 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment and let me know what you're thinking!