Before we moved, last fall when our townhouse first went on the market, one of our kids really struggled with the thought of leaving the place he'd always called home. One night, when the feeling was new, we cried together in his bedroom. Rather, I blubbered and he tried to act brave. :) I tried to explain to him that what we would be leaving behind were just four walls. The important things, we'd be taking those with us. And even more than things, the people that make our home would be going too. Still, it's hard to imagine until it actually happens... The unknown is always scary.
Here we are, more than four months later, and I can honestly say, this place is starting to feel like home. Truly, four walls are just four walls. The essence of our home is the people in it. And for that, I am extraordinarily thankful.
How quickly the weather changes where we live!
This is our basement rec room where we officially do school...
And the dining room is where we most often end up during the day...
And this is where Mommy goes when she needs a break...
We're starting to feel settled and like we've always been here.








No comments:
Post a Comment
Please feel free to leave a comment and let me know what you're thinking!