It's been a long time since I've updated this blog. It's not that I haven't had anything to say, but I guess I just haven't felt the need to articulate whatever has been on my mind.
Lately I've been in cooking/baking mode. Which is really, really, really weird for me. I've always professed to hate both cooking and baking, but for whatever reason, I've been spending lots of time in the kitchen lately. Maybe it's because my family needs to you know, eat, or maybe it's largely denial that I am supposed to be losing weight, or who really knows. Whatever the case may be, I've come across some really yummy recipes lately. Shall I share?
Goulash - This was a real hit with Lucas and I and although the kids weren't the biggest fans, it was one of those meals that I could convince to eat without any tears.
Mac and Cheese - This is from my new cookbook that Lucas got me for Christmas, Picky Palate. I've been on the search for the perfect mac'n'cheese since Lucas is uber-picky about how his mac'n'cheese tastes and I also wanted one that the kids would feel was a good substitute for Kraft Dinner, so when I tried the one from this cookbook, and it was two-thumbs-up from hubby and kids, I was thrilled! I've made it a few times. It's so easy and so, so yummy. It's perfect alone for a lunch, or a side at supper-time. If you would like the recipe just let me know!
My favourite chocolate chip oatmeal muffins have always been the Quaker packaged kind, so I've always been on the lookout for a recipe that came close to the taste of that kind. I finally found it online and of course I totally forget where, but I've got it copied in my recipe book if anyone wants it. They taste just like the packaged kind but I feel good about feeding them to my family because they're homemade without all the gross preservatives in them.
One Sunday night I had a craving for waffles. I am not always the biggest waffle fan as I find waffles very heavy and cakey sometimes. I do eat them, but always kind of wish they were lighter and fluffier and less sickening. Well, I went online and searched 'fluffy waffles' and came up with this one. SO YUM. Best waffles ever. I didn't make the syrup that they recommended, but the waffles were amazing. Light, crisp yet soft and melt-in-your-mouth. This recipe has become a Sunday night or Saturday morning staple in our house.
And there you have it. Since I have been becoming more adventurous in the kitchen, not with my own creations of course (I'm not there yet) but with new recipes, I'm sure I'll be sharing a lot more in the future! Stay tuned!
Mmmmmm!You just made me SO hungry! I'm coming to your house for dinner!(and breakfast on Saturday!:)
ReplyDeleteYou're welcome anytime! :)
ReplyDelete