My tendency is to dwell on the negative in life, but honestly, I have a great life. Things are not always peaches and cream of course, but I feel like as I'm getting older, I'm learning how to embrace both the bad and the good. I hope that somewhere deep within myself I am becoming more content and satisfied with the life I've been given.
We decorated a little bit earlier than normal this year. Partly because we're going away shortly after Christmas, partly because the "kids" couldn't wait any longer, and partly because we just felt like it. If you look closely, you'll notice a few gifts under the tree already. That is my husband's doing. They're for me. He said since I put the tree up so early, I have to now sit and look at three wrapped gifts all month long. He knows I can't wait for Christmas and that my hands are itching to dig in and unwrap. He is so mean. :)
Also, to the right of tree, on the table, you can see our little Advent House. Each little door has a number, all the way to twenty-five. I put a little treat in the right door each day for the kids and it thrills them to no end. I love making little traditions for them to enjoy, knowing that they'll always remember it when they're older.
I love Christmas.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Please feel free to leave a comment and let me know what you're thinking!