Today my baby girl and I felt kind of lonely after dropping the boys off at school, so we headed to the mall for some shopping. We've been planning for a few weeks now to put Amelia in a big bed but have never gotten around to it. I really wanted to get her a pretty quilt for her bed just to make the transition a bit easier. We shopped for a while and found a beautiful quilt with matching throw pillow. She loved it right away and I did too. We set it all up as soon as we got home. Little girl was so proud and happy that she almost couldn't breathe!
I know it looks kind of awkward with the bed rail, but she'll eventually grow out of that! She had a really hard time falling asleep tonight though. I mean, it didn't end up taking her long because she was so tired since she wouldn't nap in the bed, but still. She doesn't know how to open doors yet (yay) and kind of just stood at the door crying for a while. We kept going in and putting her back but she would weep to go "downshares". Poor girl. Finally I lay with her and she was out in an instant.
I wish the quilt was a little clearer in these pictures. Oh well. You get the idea.
I love it!!
ReplyDelete