Sunday, May 11, 2014

Nine.

Dear Nicholas,

This past week at the grocery store, you helped me load the groceries into the trunk and took the cart back to the cart corral. All without me having to ask you, you just did it. You are becoming such a dependable boy. It makes me want to cry to think of how mature you're becoming and yet I am so proud of you!

All those tantrums you threw, all the tears Mommy shed for you... I just cannot believe that we are here, on the brink of you being a teenager. I know that we still have such a long road ahead of us, and I know that many more of our tears will fall. It won't be easy, but right now? Right now I can see what kind of man you will be. And I know that with God's help you are going to be just fine.

The person that made up the phrase "the days are long but the years are short" was so right. There used to be days when I honestly did not think we'd make it 5:00 that evening. But we did. And here we are.

So as you start out on your tenth year of life, know that Mommy and Daddy are so proud of you. Never forget that Jesus loves you. No matter what the next eight - nine years brings us, no matter where you go in life, remember that you can rest in His love. After all, He's brought us this far.

Love you, baby boy. Happy ninth birthday.


1 comment:

Please feel free to leave a comment and let me know what you're thinking!