Sunday, December 1, 2013

Changes ahead.

These past couple of weeks have been crazy and quite the wild ride! We officially sold our home, which means we now have a sign on our lawn with SOLD on it, and a sold sign also went up on the home we'd put in an offer for back in September. The way things have been falling into place give me such a sense of peace. It doesn't take away the hard feelings, necessarily. I mean, we've been living in this house for almost eight years - Nicholas was only ten months old when we moved in and our other two were brought home here as newborns. There is a lot of life that's been lived in these four walls. When we bought this place back in 2006, we knew that it would only be temporary. Our dream was always to move from the city and that the town house would just be a stepping stone on our way to having that dream fulfilled. Well, now the time is here and we have to close one chapter and open another. I feel sad, I really do. I know it is only four walls, that all the important things (and people!) are coming with me. Still, I've been feeling strong nostalgia and I know I'll always look back on our time lived here as a really great season in our lives. We did a lot of growing here, especially me. I am not the same person now as I was eight years ago. And I'm sure there are many new lessons to be learned where we are going.





I think I mentioned this before, but we're moving out of the city and will be living more of a country life. I'm excited for that. Living in a town house in the city is limiting with a growing family (well, for ours anyway) and it'll be so great to have acres of land for the kids to run around on and explore. There is potential for me to learn to garden, maybe we will one day install a pool... Lucas has dreams of digging out his old cross country skis and teaching us all how to ski too. There is definitely a lot to look forward to!

So yes, in spite of the roller coaster of feeling a bit sad, the headache of actually trying to sell a home, and lots of other stresses, I still feel a strong sense of peace and rightness. If I didn't have that, I don't think I could do this. One more Christmas in this house (which is a direct answer to one of my kids' prayers) and then early 2014 will see us in a new home!!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! I can't believe this is really going to happen! I can totally sympathize with your feelings! I still mourn our first little house and we only lived there nine months and didn't even have any children there. Home = memories and it's hard to separate the two. Here's to tons of great new memories in the new place before too long! I'm so excited that you'll be living closer too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First, congratulations! How exciting for your family! I know there's a lot of emotion/things to do that go with buying a new home and moving, but it's still very exciting- a new chapter, for sure!

    I've never owned a home myself, I'm a weirdo who would rent forever if given the choice, but I miss our old home, Joel and my first apartment. There's apart of me that wishes we could still be there!

    I can't wait to hear more/see photos of your new home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very exciting! glad everything is moving smoothing for you guys.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment and let me know what you're thinking!