We did manage to squeeze in some fun stuff this year in between our fits of madness. We:
Had Vacation Bible School, at which I taught a class for the first time ever and loved it.
Spent a few days at various lakes. They call our city the "City of Lakes" for a reason!
Took a bus ride to Halifax.
My sister had her first baby!!! Super exciting and...
...we made an impromptu trip to go see her and precious baby Hayley. I also got to visit with some people that I've been wanting to visit with for a long time now.
Still ahead, we have a few days in PEI with my family as well as
my sister and her hubby and baby coming for a visit!
And, in very huge news (worthy of a newsflash), we have decided to homeschool this year! It was a last minute decision, but it's been long in coming and one day I just decided, you know what? Now is as a good a time to start as any. Lots of prayer, lots of consideration, and lots of discussion went into it, but all the right doors opened as well and I feel very peaceful (although very nervous!) about it.
So you can expect some blogs about homeschooling in our very near future...
I think you will do great with homeschooling!
ReplyDeleteI can't wait for summer to be over and we can get back to a routine. Ours disappeared sometime in July. I had the intention of planning fun activities and actually doing stuff, but got tired and lazy so the boys did too. School starts in about two weeks :D
Wow Laura! Big news! For a minute I thought you were winding up to a baby announcement or moving away (glad it's not that latter!:)
ReplyDeleteI totally thought you were announcing another baby! :)
ReplyDeleteI hope you blog about your experience with homeschooling. I'm pretty sure we're not going to homeschool our littles and 100% sure we will not be homeschooling Lily, but I am always so interested in it. We have so many friends that have homeschooled and their kids are all rockstars (and would be in public school, too), and I'm always amazed by moms who do it. Good luck!