Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Hi there.

I haven't been writing much lately. I haven't been feeling overly inspired. But just so you all know I haven't died and gone to heaven, I thought I would make a 'What I've Been...' list. Because I know everyone sits on the edge of their chair waiting to hear what I've been up to. Blerg.

So, here it is. What I've Been...

...Reading

Let. It. Go. by Karen Ehman - A book about chilling out, basically. As women, we tend to over-control, some of us blatantly, some of us passive-aggressively. I've gotten some really great insight from this book so far.

Boundaries by Cloud and Townsend - A book about setting boundaries and how that fits in with the way God wants us to reach out to others. Again, lots of insight. I'm doing this one as a book-study with some others so that makes it even more interesting.

Agatha Christie - What's not to love about a good old-fashioned murder mystery?

...Eating

I made this yummy sweet and sour chicken found HERE. My whole family loves it and I always feel like I've won the lottery (well, pretty close anyway) when all five us like the same meal.

The Pioneer Woman's Sloppy Joes found HERE. A great, easy, summer meal. Serve it with salad or coleslaw and fries on the side. Perfection. It's also very versatile; you can add whatever veggies that you have on hand.

...Listening To 
There are a few songs that I could listen to on repeat all day long. Here are a few.

Sovereign by Chris Tomlin


Carry Me by Audrey Assad


Power of the Cross by Stuart Townend




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment and let me know what you're thinking!