 |
| Dressed and waiting to go on the ice! |
In the last couple of weeks, Nicholas has started reading chapter books! This is one of the most exciting things for me as a mom, seeing my kids learn to read. But not only can he read, I'm hard pressed to get his nose out of his book when it's time for bed. I don't expect all my kids to be avid readers; we are all different after all, and Lucas is not a reader in the least. I'm just really excited that so far, Nicholas seems to really enjoy it. Jacob does too for that matter. He is just starting his reading journey though, being only at a level 2, maybe 3, whereas Nicholas is now at a level 19. Still, Jacob has started bringing home books from school to practice with and he loves reading them over and over. He seems to be catching on really well too, which makes me think: maybe I will have two readers!
 |
| Nicholas using a pylon, although he doesn't really need it. |
I also have the boys in skating lessons. Once a week, at 4:00 on Wednesdays, for half an hour. We are half way into them and they both are doing well. I put them both in the lowest class, which is great for Jacob who can't skate to save his life, but Nicholas should technically be in a class above. I couldn't get him in though because I registered them too late. Oh well, I figure he is at least on the ice getting practice. Both boys seem to really enjoy it. Jacob hated it at first, but has gotten used to it. He normally uses a chair or a pylon to stand up with, but the last two lessons he has to try skating with nothing, and it's hilarious. I just sit in the stands and laugh my head off at him. Poor guy. At least the falling doesn't seem to bother him; he just gets up and tries again.
 |
| Jacob hanging onto a chair for dear life :) |
And my girl... is toilet trained!! I don't know how it happened, but one day after Christmas she woke up dry and has been in underwear ever since. I still stick a pullup on her at night, just to be safe, but once our stash of pullups is gone, I'm not buying any more. There have been a couple of accidents, but honestly, it has been a breeze! I feel bad saying that, because I know there are moms who are really struggling with the toilet training thing but don't feel bad! Each child is different. But one thing I will say? Waiting until they are ready and interested makes a
huge difference!
 |
| Girly waiting (not so) patiently for her brothers. |
I love the pictures of the kids...they make me laugh! Especially the one of Bia. I can sense her darkness.
ReplyDeleteWhat do you mean potty training has been a breeze!!! I've been trying off and on for the past 6 months! I'm happy for you. Hopefully my little guy will get the picture pretty soon. :)
ReplyDeleteHaha, I know, I feel bad saying it was so easy, Michelle! Boys in general are harder. Keep plugging away at it!
ReplyDelete