Saturday, October 22, 2011

A little trip.

This week, I got to go away. 
Just me and the hubby. 
It was so... relaxing, fun, quiet
We got to... 


...Eat our meals in peace, no hopping up and down to get the milk, no constant reminders for 
children to sit, no shovelling food in little mouths. 


...Come and go to our hearts' content, without the worry of tiring the kids, or helping 
them in and out of the car. 


...Sleep in. Although we found we couldn't, at least it was our own 
choice to get up and start the day. 


...Do whatever we wanted. We sat together in silence. I read a book. We watched TV. We played games. Lucas got the fireplace going each evening to make the cottage cozy. We walked the beach. Swam in the pool. Went to town. Shopped. 


Relaxed.

It was sheer bliss. It's over now though. Back to the grind. It was a well-deserved trip, if I do say so myself.


I love my kids. But it was nice to have a little break. It makes me appreciate them all the more.


A sad picture showing what ten years of marriage does to a couple.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment and let me know what you're thinking!